Despite the heat the flowers and gardens are all going crazy and it is an explosion of color around here! So pretty with the birds and the bees and yes …
Don’t miss this upcoming event if you are a lover of the Blues and what better way to enjoy the weekend especially when you are walking distance from the Inn and don’t have to fight for a parking space and deal with traffic! Make reservations early as we will fill up fast and enjoy the show and weekend with us!
The event is scheduled for September 13 and 14 with a free show line up for Friday the 13th, when the Fernandina Beach High School Blues in School Band with Roger “Hurricane” Wilson will open up for blues master Albert Castiglia at 6pm. The stage will be set up on Centre Street as on a regular Sounds on Centre Event.
Then on Saturday the 14th, the Festival will continue on the Riverfront Parking area, starting at 11am.
Here is the schedule and line up as confirmed by the Blues Festival committee:
10:30 – Gates open to VIP and Sponsors only
11:00 - Gates open to general public
• 11:15 - 12:00 To be announced
• 12:15 - 1:00 Josh Miller Band
• 1:15 - 2:00 Roger Hurricane Wilson w/ Shuffle Junkies
• 2:15 - 3:30 John Nemeth Band
• 3:45 - 5:00 Zac Harmon
• 5:15 - 6:30 Ana Popovic
• 6:45 – 8:00 Mud Morganfield - Muddy Waters’ son keeping the Chicago blues alive.
Blues Street Performer Ben Prestage will be showing his incredible act during the 15 minute time gaps between the acts.
To say we have had a few weddings the last few months would be an understatement! We have had the most fun celebrating with each and every couple and their friends and families on their big days. From small intimate weddings and renewals to Super-sized extravaganza each one has been beautiful and special . Here are just a few pictures of some of our special weddings…check out our facebook for many more pictures of each wedding before during and after and all the tribulations and joy in the middle. Great memories for us as well as the wedding couples!
Not to be outdone by Mario & Milena Betancur celebrating their 4th Anniversary with a morning of horseback riding AND an afternoon of Kayaking! Maybe we can talk Milena into having a photo of her burn lines!
But all are still happy and having fun this evening during the wine hour!
Mom can enjoy a number of special deals for her Amelia Island vacation. See below for discounts available:
• The Amelia Island Williams House is offering a special gift opportunity for Mom during the month of May. Present her with a two-night stay in any available room of your choosing at the beautiful bed and breakfast inn and they’ll include a romantic carriage tour of the beautiful historic district for her for free. Room rates start at $195 and include a two-course, gourmet breakfast, social hour with wine and appetizers and lots of other amenities to pamper her. A two night stay is required on weekends. Call the Inn at 904-277-2328 to reserve a date for Mom or present her with a gift certificate to use anytime.
If raising kids isn’t adventure enough, active moms will love our lineup of island attractions, from the leisurely Amelia River Cruises to the exciting Skydive Amelia. Visitors love to kayak through the beautiful salt marshes, hike or bike miles of trails, explore the destination on segways, and relive the destination’s history at the Amelia Island Museum of History or Fort Clinch State Park. Or make it even more memorable with a horseback ride along the shoreline or view from a flying trike. The Omni Amelia Island Plantation is also offering a special Mother/Child Round Robin and Social on Saturday, May 11. The round robin, which starts at 10 a.m., will offer a morning of social tennis in the beautiful Racquet Park. Players must register by calling 904-277-5145 before May 10. A full list of activities, from tame to tumultuous, can be found atwww.ameliaisland.com. Thanks for the photo Noah French!