To say we have had a few weddings the last few months would be an understatement! We have had the most fun celebrating with each and every couple and their friends and families on their big days. From small intimate weddings and renewals to Super-sized extravaganza each one has been beautiful and special . Here are just a few pictures of some of our special weddings…check out our facebook for many more pictures of each wedding before during and after and all the tribulations and joy in the middle. Great memories for us as well as the wedding couples!
Archive for the ‘Carriage Rides’ Category
Mom can enjoy a number of special deals for her Amelia Island vacation. See below for discounts available:
• The Amelia Island Williams House is offering a special gift opportunity for Mom during the month of May. Present her with a two-night stay in any available room of your choosing at the beautiful bed and breakfast inn and they’ll include a romantic carriage tour of the beautiful historic district for her for free. Room rates start at $195 and include a two-course, gourmet breakfast, social hour with wine and appetizers and lots of other amenities to pamper her. A two night stay is required on weekends. Call the Inn at 904-277-2328 to reserve a date for Mom or present her with a gift certificate to use anytime.
If raising kids isn’t adventure enough, active moms will love our lineup of island attractions, from the leisurely Amelia River Cruises to the exciting Skydive Amelia. Visitors love to kayak through the beautiful salt marshes, hike or bike miles of trails, explore the destination on segways, and relive the destination’s history at the Amelia Island Museum of History or Fort Clinch State Park. Or make it even more memorable with a horseback ride along the shoreline or view from a flying trike. The Omni Amelia Island Plantation is also offering a special Mother/Child Round Robin and Social on Saturday, May 11. The round robin, which starts at 10 a.m., will offer a morning of social tennis in the beautiful Racquet Park. Players must register by calling 904-277-5145 before May 10. A full list of activities, from tame to tumultuous, can be found atwww.ameliaisland.com. Thanks for the photo Noah French!
Beautiful trees, thousand’s of tiny white light, red bows and wreaths adorn the Williams House. Come relax and share the holiday season and enjoy the many activities of Amelia Island- the perfect island vacation. Our 2012 holiday package includes:
- Three nights stay in one of our beautifully decorated guest rooms
- Our Christmas Goodie basket prepared especially for your stay
- Snacks and beverages available all day
- On Christmas Eve starting at 4:00 pm we’ll enjoy heavy hors d’oeuvres, a glass of your favorite wine during which
- All our guest are invited to hop aboard a horse drawn Carriage for a tour to enjoy the lights of the village
- Christmas Morning we’ll enjoy a hearty 2 course Christmas breakfast
- A Christmas Day Buffet with lots of wonderful dishes will be served at 2:00 pm .
- Sandwiches and Deborah’s Chili will be served at 5:00 pm
- Complimentary bikes, wi-fi, Cable TV, comfy linens and much more
We had the most wonderful, fun wedding this weekend! The bride and groom and all their friends and family were lovely and the weather was beautiful for both the ceremony and party afterwards. A good time was had by all!
Check out out our Facebook page (Please send us any pictures you have taken on your stay as well and we would love to share them..and “Like” us!) for commentary on the pictures!
You’ve spent your time making everyone happy at Thanksgiving – this year let us treat you on the holiday!
Wake up to a 2 course gourmet breakfast and then spend the day strolling the sights of historical fernandina, the serene sandy beaches or relaxing on the gingerbread laden porches with a good book and conversation.
Don’t forget to get you tickets for the B&B Holiday Cookie Tour ahead of time before Nov. 1st!) to save a few bucks!
Tickets are available online at www.ameliaislandinns.com
We will have the halls decked with boughs of garland and all the fa-la-la-la as well!
Don’t miss out on this chance to kick start the holiday season!
Guests always enjoy meeting Boomer the carriage horse and are usually amazed at what and how much he eats. And Boomer always expects to be fed whether just passing by on a tour or taking Williams House guests for a ride. But he has such personality one can’t resist liking him and he does do a great and near automatic piloting job for the tours. This allows the driver (either Cindy or Nicole ) to tell the stories, histories and events that are so unique to Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach. So…if you are planning to visit with us at the Williams House, consider a historic carriage ride…we think you will enjoy it!
We always enjoy returning guests and recently Dan and Liz came back for a return visit. After catching up with Byron and Deborah over wine hour, they decided to enjoy a historical carriage tour through downtown Fernandina, and met the great white horse Boomer. They enjoyed the ride and Boomer and learned a lot of history about this quaint town and island. They continue to explore and experience our great local restaurants mixing new ones with those they already know. It was great to see them again and we look forward to another visit.