While listening to a speaker at the recent innkeeping convention I was inspired to make a “top ten” list (Letterman style) for things to enjoy while visiting Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach. However, as I began to list these enjoyable potential items, the list grew longer and is now well above 30! So…needless to say there are many local opportunities to enjoy and I will start with ten in this blog and bring the rest forward a little later. These ten are those most often enjoyed by the average guest and thus are repeated more than some of the others. If you are planning to come for a visit….plan on these and stay tuned for more!
Williams House “Top Ten” List
1. Walk to and eat in one of more than 20 local fine restaurants.
2.Take a historic carriage ride thru downtown.
3. Enjoy a boat cruise around Cumberland Island.
4.Tour Fort Clinch Park, a civil war era fort.
5. Walk to and explore more than 20 boutique shops.
6. Visit the beach and ocean.
7. Visit the history museum.
8. Have dessert at the Icecream and Fudge shop on centre street.
9. Bike around the area (free as Williams House guests).
10. Explore the Saturday Farmer’s market.